Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Bobby

If you've ever been to my house, I don't have to tell you what the creepiest room is.  Aside from the basement (which we essentially pretend doesn't exist), the room that freaks people out the most is our downstairs bathroom.  Why?  Who knows.  

Last weekend, we had some friends over.  One of my especially-afraid-of-ghosts friends took her two year old daughter into the bathroom to go potty.  They came running out a few seconds later.  Apparently, my sweet little toddler pal started talking to someone named "Bobby" while she was  in there, causing her mom to have a panic attack.

A few hours later, her teeny tiny bladder was full again.  She had to go potty.  Again.  So, with reluctance, her mom took her into the bathroom.  Again.  After about ten seconds, she was yelling my name.  I ran into the bathroom to find her wide eyed and shaking.

"She started talking about Bobby again and I can't handle it," she told me.  "So you have to stay in here with us."  I looked at my little princess seated on her porcelain throne.  She was smiling.

"Is Bobby in here?"  I asked her.  She smiled and nodded.  "Where?"  She pointed to the bathtub.  My friend started backing out of the bathroom slowly, torn between her fear of ghosts and her motherly instinct to protect her daughter.  I walked over to the shower and opened the curtain.  Nothing.  But she seemed to see something.  "Do you see him?" I asked.  She nodded again.  "In here?"  

She smiled, hopping down off the toilet, then waddled her naked baby booty to where I was.  She looked into the bathtub, then made the cutest little gasping noise as she appeared to watch something rise up slowly out of the bathtub, to the ceiling, then hover above the sink.

"Is Bobby up there?" I asked.  

"Yeah," she whispered.  With that, her mom grabbed her and fled, using the kitchen to clean her up and wash her hands.  Huh.  Bobby.  That's a new one.

A couple of things you should know- my friend's two year old has no clue that people think my house, the bathroom, especially, is haunted.  Also, my landlord's name is Bob.  And he lived in the house back in the 90's.  He's still alive, obvi.....but what if there was once a Bob Jr., or, Bobby????  Things that make ya go...

HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.............

No comments:

Post a Comment