Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Door At The End Of The Hall

There is one room in our house that was not investigated during our paranormal investigation last fall, and it's perhaps the creepiest room in the whole house.  Our main floor bathroom.  People are terrified of it.  A lot of our guests opt to use the bathroom upstairs instead, some of our more rustic guy friends use the great outdoors when they have to tinkle (which are also haunted, I might add), some refuse to go to the bathroom at all in our house, and those who do use it usually either take someone with them, or come running back out of the bathroom like a bat out of hell after they hear something or something falls down or tips over.  (Which always happens.)

Our bathroom is at the end of a long, narrow hallway, kind of separated from the rest of the house.  And I'll admit, even with all the crazy things that have happened in our house, it's the one room that still gives me goosebumps on the regular.  Especially at night.

I mentioned this to the paranormal investigator that's getting ready to come back out and do some more investigating next month (more on that in a minute), and he said that haunted bathrooms are pretty common.  Who knew?  He said there's a theory among paranormal investigators that it has something to do with the water and the pipes, that spirits are drawn to them.  So, maybe there's something to that whole "Bloody Mary" urban legend afterall??


Anybody gotta pee?

Now, back to that other thing I mentioned.  We are having our house investigated again by one of the investigation teams that came out last fall.  Most likely, some time in March.  To answer your questions: YES, I'm insane.  And YES, I'm worried.  (A little.)  Here's the thing, though.  All of the "experts" are in agreement that our ghosts aren't evil or bad.  Quite the opposite, actually.  The fact that they were so willing to communicate and cooperate with the investigators and so active even with the ghost-busting equipment there means that they WANT to talk.  They've got something to say.  And call me crazy, but I want to know what that "something" is! 

In addition to further research being done on the property, there is now a bonafide historian digging into the history of the house and the property it's built on.  I cannot waaaaait to see what he finds. 

In response to my announcement last night about the upcoming investigation, one of my friends suggested that I'm going to make the ghosts mad, and that they're going to start coming at me Poltergeist style.  Another friend said, "There is going to be a creepy preacher that shows up at your screen door and demand to come in! Don't let him in!!!"  At which point I informed her, he's already been to our house.  THREE TIMES. 

The first time was shortly after I signed the lease, but a good couple weeks before we moved in.  I was there painting and working on the house when there was a knock at the door.  It was a creepy old man in a black suit, with a gray comb over and eery blue eyes.  He was holding a briefcase and had the weirdest smile.  There was a small, elderly woman with him with curly orange hair and glasses.  She didn't speak, just stood there and smiled.  He wanted to talk to me about my salvation.  I told him I wasn't interested.  As he walked away (which puzzled me, because we live on a very busy highway with no sidewalk, and he had no car), I thought, "Man, he was like that creepy dude from Poltergeist."  I wondered if he was there because he knew something about the house that I didn't.  (At that point, I had no idea it was haunted.) 

He came back again that summer, a couple of months after we moved in.  I was home alone, doing some cleaning upstairs when I heard the doorbell.  I looked out the window at the top of the stairs and saw him and the same weird old lady standing on the porch.  I knew the door was locked, so I just ignored them and they eventually went away.  The third time was this past fall.  And I swear to GOD my husband answered the door and talked to him.  I remember it clear as day.  My husband, however, has no recollection of it whatsoever.  Weird, right?


"Excuse me, ma'am, may I come in?"


1 comment:

  1. I've tried telling those guys that I'm an atheist, but then they just want to convert me, so I tell them I'm Catholic. THAT shuts 'em up.

    ReplyDelete