Thursday, March 28, 2013

Blessed Be

I don't want to jinx myself here, but I just have to say....things have been really, really quiet at home since the paranormal investigators visited us again a couple weeks ago.  My overactive imagination has a theory as to why.  My theory is that the spirits in my house finally did what they needed to do- shared what they needed to share and said what they needed to say.  Whatever it was that was making them so crazy....they handled it, the results of which will turn up in the evidence the investigators are still reviewing.

You've seen scary movies.  That's how it works, right?  Ghosts act all crazy because they have some message to pass along from beyond the grave, and once they do that, they go peacefully into the light.  Right?  We shall see.

Another possible reason for the calm in our casa is a little simpler, but equally Hollywood.  Unlike during the first investigation, one of the investigators blessed our house this time, as well as The Hubs and myself.  (Turns out, he was an ordained minister.)  He also left a blessed candle that he used during the investigation burning on our dining room table.

I lamented over that candle so much during the four days it took to burn itself out.  I HATED leaving it burning during the day while we were gone.  I would leave it in the kitchen sink with just the slightest trickle of water running, just to be safe.  The investigator/minister said it would help to calm the spirits, maybe even "draw them into the light."

And I have to admit....our house has been calm.  Probably calmer than it's ever been.  (As I type this, I'm knocking on wood.)  Is it weird that I'm a little sad about the idea that our spirits might have left us?  Still waiting on the results from the investigation.....STAY TUNED....

The blessed candle on day two of its four day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment