Thursday, January 29, 2015

Shattered

So, it's been a while. And for good reason. Nothing worth writing about has happened in months. The most recent "event" I can think of was a few weeks ago, and that wasn't much. I was in the bathroom around midnight, and heard laughter coming from upstairs. Only our two youngest boys were home at the time, so I informed the hubs that they were still awake and needed a reminder that it was way past bedtime. He went upstairs, and found them both fast asleep. But I definitely heard children laughing, the sound was unmistakable. The situation was curious, yes. But not out of the ordinary.

Tonight, however, I have a story for you. Last night, a little after midnight (so technically this morning), the teenager came running downstairs and into my room, terrified. He said he was trying to sleep, and kept feeling someone touching him and running a hand through his hair. He said at one point, he distinctly felt someone sit down on his bed. (Which was what prompted him to come flying out of his room like a bat out of hell.)

Too afraid to go back upstairs, he slept on the couch. I slept on the loveseat beside him. Several times during the night, he jolted awake, insisting that someone had poked him or touched him. Once, he said he felt someone pulling on his leg. He kept thinking he saw shadows walking through the house.  I didn't see anything, didn't feel anything, but I did keep hearing weird noises- creaking floorboards, the typical "things going bump in the night."

Needless to say, it was a rough night. I was thankful the boys had a snow day today to catch up on sleep. (Only wish I'd been as lucky.) Tonight when I got home, all was back to normal. The teenager was up in his room Netflixing, and everyone else was downstairs doing various things. Then from upstairs, we heard a loud crash/pop/explosion. The teenager found it before the rest of us got upstairs. The light fixture in his brother's room shattered in place. Didn't fall, didn't get bumped. Just exploded. There was no one in the room at the time.

So, basically, what I'm trying to say is....they're baaaaaack.


No comments:

Post a Comment