Friday, September 26, 2014

With a Bang


Things have been pretty quiet around the house as of late, but last night, our haunting came back with a bang. Quite literally.

Around 3:30 in the morning, the entire house was awakened by a loud “crash” coming from my son’s room upstairs. Then another. Then another. Then several more. Then I listened in horror to what sounded like him falling down the stairs.

I was paralyzed with fear, which was definitely not a good reaction to have, but hey, it was 3:30 in the morning and I was woken from a dead sleep. I began yelling for my son, who, thank God, didn’t fall down the stairs. He ran down them. He came flying into my room saying, “I’m okay, I’m okay, I just got really scared.”

We all took a few minutes to catch our breath, and then he explained that things started falling all over his room, which (understandably) freaked him out. He spent the remainder of the night on the couch downstairs, and this morning (after the sun came up) went back up to his room to check things out. On his floor were his phone from his nightstand, his TV controller which was on his bed, a video game controller that was on his entertainment center, and three action figures that were on display on a shelf in the hall.  We’re talking multiple items from multiple rooms here, people.  Apparently Bobby didn’t want us to sleep last night. Sounds like he just wanted to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment