Sunday, July 28, 2013

Housework

Last week, I had a little helper while I was doing housework, and I'm not talking about one of my four boys.  The Hubs and I were home alone, and I was inside cleaning while he was outside doing yard work.

While cleaning in the living room, I found one of the throw pillows from the couch on the floor behind the couch.  I picked it up, fluffed it, put it back in its spot, and then turned around to close a window because it was getting cold out.  (Yes, in July.)  When I turned back around, the pillow was back on the floor.  I stood there staring at it for a few seconds, thinking I was crazy.  Then I picked it up and put it back on the couch.

A little while later, I put some towels away in the closet outside the bathroom.  The closet door is a sliding door, and I remember having to fight with it to get it closed, because the towels were in the way of the track.  But I got it closed, and went into the bathroom to put the washcloths away.  When I came back out, the closet door was wide open again.  (Being that it's a sliding door, it can't open itself.)  I took a deep breath, rubbed out the goosebumps, and moved along.

That night, I was in the bathroom doing my nightly face washing/teeth brushing routine while listening to the sound of my husband doing the dishes in the kitchen.  (The bathroom and kitchen share a wall.)  I heard him turning the sink on and off, washing the dishes, and opening and closing cupboards to put them away.  When I was done in the bathroom, I went out into the kitchen to see if I could help him.  The light in the kitchen was off, the sink was full of dirty dishes, and my husband was nowhere to be seen.  I found him in bed, fast asleep.  (Dear Ghosty Friends: If you're going to do the dishes, could you please start doing the actual dishes instead of your parallel dimension ones?)

Yesterday, our house helper was in a different kind of mood.  The Hubs walked into the bathroom to find half of the shower curtain ripped off the hooks.  He then went into our bedroom and found our change jar, which sits at the back of a built-in book shelf (so, literally no way for it to get bumped or knocked off the shelf, it essentially sits inside a wall) on the floor, the change spilled all over the place.

It's just still so funny to me, how we can go a couple weeks without anything significant happening, and then we seem to have an outbreak of activity, where crazy things happen almost daily.  I wonder why that is....


No comments:

Post a Comment